How to close my Instagram account, we’ll tell you in this article. Private page in allows you to show photos, videos and stories only to subscribers who have been approved and added as friends. As a result, personal information is reliably protected from strangers.
The main features of a closed account include:
- All personal information is protected from strangers. Users who are not friends can only see the profile header.
- To block information from users who were subscribed before you before closing your personal page, you must go through the settings.
- Published links on other social networks allows everyone to access the photo.
- Correspondence with messages in remains available for all users, except those that were added to the blacklist.
- Only a personal account can be closed, the function is not available for business profiles and authors.
How to make an Instagram account private
Transferring a personal account to a closed status is available through the application on a smartphone. For new versions, the transition is carried out using a special section in “Privacy”; in older versions of the program, the switch point is located directly in the main settings menu.
If statistics are included
Accounts that belong to the “Business” and “Author” categories with the connected page statistics viewer function cannot be transferred to closed ones. You will first need to change the status to “Personal”. For this you need:
- Go to the social network settings using a special button in the upper right corner on the main profile page.
- Go to the “Accounts” section.
- Click on “Switch to Personal Account”.
- Carefully familiarize yourself with the specifics of the transition, and then confirm your intentions.
After switching to your personal account, a new section will appear in the menu, allowing you to close photos and videos from other users.
How to close an Instagram page in the new version of the smartphone app:
- Open the program on the phone.
- In the lower right corner of the main menu, click on the avatar icon to go to your page.
- Click on the three dots icon to bring up the side menu.
- Select the “Settings” item, it is at the very bottom.
- Among the proposed sections, select “Confidentiality”, then “Account confidentiality”.
- Toggle the toggle to ON in front of Closed Account.
If all the manipulations were done correctly, now only subscribers will have access to the materials on your page. Do not forget to block accounts that were already in your subscribers before restricting access to the page, but you do not want them to view the data in the future.
How to close an Instagram profile from a computer
In the desktop version of the social network instagram in 2020, there is still no option to transfer a personal account to the closed status. The feature is currently available exclusively to users using the mobile app.
Below we will consider detailed instructions on how to restrict access to your account via iPhone and Android.
How to close an Instagram page from an Android phone
How to close a profile on the Instagram social network on Android:
- Go to your profile via the mobile app.
- In the upper right corner of the screen, click on the three-dot icon to open the side menu.
- In the “Account” section, activate the private profile option using the appropriate switch.
After manipulation, only current friends can access all your posts. Adding new friends will only take place after personal approval of the submitted request. All users who have applied for a subscription will be displayed at the top of the screen in the “Actions” section.
In closed accounts, only users who are added as friends will be able to like and leave comments on the photo. If you put a hashtag under a photo in a closed account, then when searching by hashtag, only your friends will be able to see the photo, other people simply will not display the data.
How to close an Instagram page from an iPhone
If you want to close your social network profile from outsiders from your iOS phone, you need to perform similar manipulations from the previous paragraph. The only difference is that to go to your account settings, you must click on the gear icon in the upper right corner of the screen on your profile page.
We strongly advise against transferring to closed accounts that are actively promoted and developed. Inclusion in the private section will prevent your photos from showing in the Popular section.
Often users also unsubscribe from their account just because they cannot understand whether the page is interesting to them or not precisely because of the lack of access to the published photos.
Keep in mind that if you share a photo via a link on a social network, anyone who clicks on the URL can access it.