How to remove Instagram account from computer if you no longer plan to use? There are several nuances that users may encounter when carrying out the procedure for deleting an account. The removal methods described below will work on any computer, regardless of the type of operating system installed. If necessary, you can try to temporarily block the page through the browser on your smartphone if there is no access to the PC.
How to delete an Instagram account from your computer:basic ways
All the main ways to delete a profile on a social network can be divided into temporary blocking and permanent deletion. Temporary blocking allows you to temporarily hide the profile from other users, permanent deletion leads to.
Before deleting, you must make sure that you do not need a profile, recovery through administration will not be available. Do you have doubts about completely deleting a page on a social network? Try to block it for a while, if the need for your account does not arise, then submit a request for final deletion.
Temporary blocking allows you to hide the page from other users temporarily. The owner himself will also not be able to add new photos, change the basic information in the profile. The process includes the following steps:
- Go to the official website of the social network using any browser on your computer. Go to your personal profile using your username and password.
- If you enter your personal data correctly, you will be transferred to your personal account. Open the main page by clicking on the icon with your avatar, it is located in the upper right corner of the site.
- Next to the name is the “Edit Profile” button, click on it and wait for the new settings page to load.
- Scroll down the list of settings and changes to the bottom, click on the link that allows you to block.
- Social network ask you to indicate exactly why you decided to block your personal page, specify the most accurate reason, enter a password to confirm that the page really belongs to you.
If in the future you want to return access to your page, just click on the “Unblock” button, which is located on the main page of the site. Without unlocking, no profile actions will be available.
How to permanently delete a profile via computer
If you want to permanently delete your account on the social network, the decision is weighed and will not change in the future, you can proceed to permanent blocking from your computer without the possibility of recovery.
How to delete an Instagram profile from a computer:
- Open any. The method works on any operating systems, if necessary, it can be implemented from the smartphone’s browser. Follow the link www.instagram.com/accounts/remove/request/permanent/
- If necessary, we log into the account, if authorization has not been performed before. This requires a username and password from the page.
- When going to the specified page, the user gains access to a number of functionalities:editing personal profile data, changing the password for an account, setting up a mobile application, changing email.
- Select the item “Delete account”.
- After choosing, the system will offer to indicate the exact reason why you want to delete your account. You can specify any option, it is not taken into account by the site administration.
- To confirm your intention to delete your account, you will need to enter your account password.
- After the done manipulations, click on the red button and wait for the end of the operation.
The account will be completely erased from the company’s servers, so there will be no way to restore the page in the future. If you want to use the social network again, you will have to create a new page again.