You can download a story on Instagram using special software from your own and someone else’s account. All stories on the social network, if they are not added to the “” section, are automatically deleted 24 hours after adding. If you find an interesting story and want to share it, or plan to save your own story to your phone, use one of the following methods.
Basic ways to download Instagram stories
You can download a story from a social network in the following ways:
- Using special browser extensions. After installing the extension in the desktop version of the application, when viewing user stories, a special button appears that allows you to download records to your PC;
- Applications for smartphones. There are special programs for iPhones and smartphones based on the Android OS. After downloading the program, you must log in to your personal profile using your username and password, select a user account and download the necessary stories. Some applications allow you to simultaneously download all published stories, from the moment of publication of which no more than 24 hours have passed.
How do I do this anonymously?
You can anonymously download an Instagram story to your PC or smartphone using special services. They work both through a computer browser and through a mobile browser on a smartphone.
Consider a sequence based on the site www.insta-stories.ru/?lang=ru:
- Follow the link to the specified site.
- Enter username. It is also allowed to enter via @ or a simple set of username. You can enter only the beginning of the name, then select the desired option from the proposed ones.
- Go to the user’s page and select the story you want to download.
- Click on the Download button at the top of the story.
The main advantage of the service is that downloading is done anonymously; when using the site, you do not need to enter any personal data, login and password from the page on the social network.
Downloaded video is saved in uploads.
How to download from the link?
You can use another online service to download history from a link. The process includes the following steps:
- Open the history of the desired user.
- At the bottom of the screen, next to the “Send message” field, click on the icon with three dots.
- In the menu that opens, select the item “Copy link”.
- Open a browser on a mobile device and go to the site https://www.downloadvideosfrom.com/en/Instagram.php.
- Paste the previously copied link into the corresponding field.
- Click on the “Download mp4” button.
- The video will be automatically saved on your smartphone, you can view it through the gallery.
How to download videos from Instagram stories
The easiest way to download a story is to record the screen using a dedicated smartphone app. In some modern devices, the function is at the software level.
Popular screen recording programs include AZ Screen Recorder, ilos Screen Recorder, One Shot Screen Recorder and others. The principle of operation is identical – you need to download the program to your smartphone, launch it and minimize, after that a special icon will appear on the screen to start recording.
Next, go to the social network application, open the desired story, start recording, stop it after the video ends.
The created video will be saved in the smartphone’s memory.
The disadvantage of this method – the name of the user who published the story is displayed, as well as icons from the top curtain of your smartphone’s notifications (mobile network, battery level, time, etc.). </p >
How to download an Instagram story
If you do not need to download a story from Instagram on a one-time basis, it will be most convenient to install a special smartphone application or browser extension. Then the download tools will be available at any time.
Popular PC extensions include:
- IG Stories. You can download it from the official store of extensions for the Chrome browser. The download process is simplified as much as possible:run the extension, open and log in to the page using your username and password. Go to the page of the required user. Click on the extension icon, a window will be displayed with a list of all stories available for download. Just click on the download icon next to the stories you want to download from to your computer.
- IG Helper. If you use the Mozilla Firefox browser on your computer, then this service is most convenient for downloading stories. The extension is distributed free of charge. To download, run history and click on the download icon that appears in the upper right corner of the open window.
- The application is distributed for the Opera and Yandex Browser browsers. After downloading and installing, it allows users of the desktop version of the Instagram application to download stories from any accounts.
Stories can be downloaded to your phone using special applications:
- Repost Stories for Instagram. The application is available for iPhone owners, has a fairly wide functionality, allows you not only to repost photos, videos and stories on your page, but also helps you upload stories to your phone. It is enough to log in to the program using your username and password, select the desired story and click on the “” button to automatically save to the gallery.
- Story Saver for Android. Simplifies the process of downloading stories to your smartphone. After downloading and logging into your personal account, it opens access to all the stories of the selected user. Select the desired story from the list and download it by clicking on the “” button.
- The application works on a similar principle, the main advantage is that you can simultaneously download all the stories of one user that are still available for viewing.
If you want to publish the story on your page in the future, be sure to include the author’s link so as not to violate copyright.